Okama means the path that runs around the neck and its function is to protect the woman's heart, empower her, and to highlight her beauty. The waves of the Okamas are full of ancestral Embera Chami wisdom and crafted from generational weaving techniques. Colourful beaded jewelry using loom-free techniques which showcase the Colombia’s rich history of mythology, harmonising the connection between nature and man. Handmade with each piece taking up to 20+ days to make. Designs are 100 % exclusive! We guarantee no two necklaces will ever be the same.
- Every piece taking up to 20+ days to make. Beautiful Beaded Choker Type Necklace statement piece made of 1000s of tiny chakira checa beads.
- Designs are 100 % exclusive.
- Can be worn on bare skin with a low cut dress/blouse/top
- Around the inside of the collar approx:
- Bead work is all made with very strong synthetic thread and waterproof.
- Due to the hand made nature of each design, size and shape will differ slightly. This is the attraction of something handmade not mass produced.